Two decades ago, no one would have even imagined that parking would play such an important role in not just the free flow of traffic but also in reducing the carbon footprint and fighting climate change. Parking has become such an essential part of the present ecosystem, so much so that one cannot imagine a world without parking facilities or parking management business. In the absence of good parking facilities, everything from travel to residing in a closed community becomes a hassle.
The underlying importance of parking facilities has enabled the rapid growth of the parking industry. Parking management businesses are looking to integrate new and advanced methodologies to grow and stay relevant to the evolving needs of the general population. In this blog, we have listed out seven little changes that can make a huge difference in parking management businesses.
- 3D Parking Signaling:
Just like parking sensors in cars parking spaces can be integrated with in-built 3D parking signaling sensors. This will allow the car owners and drivers to have a 3D parking guidance system for hassle-free parking. This parking aid technology is provided by Bosh and uses the parking sensors just like the ones installed into the vehicle’s bumper. The 3D parking signaling system is inexpensive and provides a great deal of confidence in parking the old muscle cars of vintage vehicles without parking sensors.
The 3D sensors allow the detection of obstacles all around the vehicles and not just at the rear. Regardless of how good or bad a driver is, 3D parking signaling enables safe and hassle-free parking.
- Pollution-Based Parking Fee:
Cities are struggling with rising pollution and high emission figures. The parking industry, being a major stakeholder in the transportation industry, has a huge role in curbing overall pollution. Therefore, in an attempt to save our environment and the planet at large a pollution-based parking fee system is a welcome change. Eco-friendly cars such as electric vehicles and hybrids enjoy a discount in parking fee; whereas, dirtier or highly polluting cars are levied a surcharge.
The pollution-based parking fee system was first introduced in Madrid in 2004 to reduce the carbon footprint. Years later, Madrid has successfully reduced its carbon footprint by a huge margin.
- Length-Based Parking Fee:
The innovation of length-based parking fee came in the light of lengthy vehicles needing more space. The rationale behind this innovation is that if smaller cars were to be parked in the space used by lengthy cars, more vehicles can utilize the same parking space. With the growth of the number of cars rising at an alarming rate the need for larger parking space became inevitable, which would result in wasteful development of landmass.
Therefore, to reduce the parking footprint, parking management businesses can adopt the length-based parking fee.
- Residential Parking Rates:
There are several tourist spots that are shared by the residents of that neighborhood in almost every city across the world. In such cases, there is a constant struggle between the locals and the tourists in finding a parking spot. Although tourists are a major source of revenue generation, the residents need to enjoy the preference of the parking spot. Residential parking rates allow the residents to enjoy the privilege of using a parking spot at lower rates, whereas the tourists will be required to pay more.
The rationale behind the residential parking rates is that the residents already pay taxes to maintain their streets as well as the parking facility.
This innovative pricing system was first introduced in Miami Beach, where the tourists were charged $1.75 an hour, while the residents were required to pay only $1 for the same hour.
- Wireless Charging:
On a positive note, electric vehicles are constantly increasing in number as people continue to grow conscious of the environment. However, with the increase in the number of electric vehicles, the need for EV infrastructure is more imperative than ever. Charging docks are the basic requirement of EVs and parking facilities have already integrated charging docks for EVs. However, the constant struggle with cables and thereby accessibility is becoming an unending problem.
With the recent innovation in the field of wireless charging for EVs, parking lots can bid adieu to messy cables and cords.
- Pay by Plate System:
Having parking meters means having access gates and barriers. Access gates and barriers lead to slow and inefficient processing of payments. Parking meters and access barriers are things of the past era. The pay-by-plate system allows the drivers to punch in their license plate number into the parking kiosk and later pay by any mode. The pay-by-plate system also allows the car owners or drivers to reserve a parking spot for however long they want to and renew the reservation at any time and from anywhere using the parking app.
This pay-by-plate system allows the users to change their parking spot or reuse the space after a quick exit without any additional costs.
- Parking Management Software or App:
We saved the best for the last. A parking management software is perhaps the amalgamation of all the abovementioned tenets. You can manage all your parking management business’ needs through comprehensive and robust parking software. From opening a parking slot to receiving the payments, everything can be executed on the parking management software. A robust and intuitive parking software can not only help manage your parking business but also grow and scale your parking management business.
Regardless of how big and demanding your parking business is, parking software can handle anything and everything. RentCubo is the right software and IT partner for your growing parking management business.
Research indicates that more than 44% of drivers find parking to be a stressful experience and the average driver spends almost four days every year looking for parking spaces. By changing your parking management business and making it more efficient you can be a contributing factor in reducing these overwhelming figures.
If you are looking for parking software, RentCubo can provide state-of-the-art parking software with cutting-edge technology. Or if you want readily deployable parking software at a competitive price RentPark – RentCubo’s very own parking software can ably handle anything your business has to throw at it.
A good parking system is an essential part of any city across the globe. The repercussion of the lack of proper parking management systems can be overwhelming. Parking management businesses play a key role in establishing less congested roads and hassle-free activities of everyday life. However, the rise in the number of vehicles is increasing the demand for more and innovative parking systems.
In an effort to meet the rising demand for more parking space, parking management businesses are evolving and reinventing the parking industry. As a result, several new features have been integrated into the parking management system making it more innovative, efficient, and seamless. In this blog, we have listed 13 innovative and smart integrations in the parking management system you may not be aware of.
- Parking Management Software – parking management software is one of the most important and primary innovations in a parking management system. Apart from regulating and monitoring the requirements of the parking facility, the software for parking management is also designed to manage parking slot bookings, payments, user preferences, and provide a comprehensive report and parking data to the parking management business.
- Statistical Reporting Software – parking management systems involve large amounts of statistical data to help manage, improve, and optimize parking management service. A statistical reporting software can collect all information with regard to parking slots, parking duration, payments, vehicle monitoring, etc., and create a useful report on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Parking Guidance Systems – it enables the users to locate the nearest available parking space. The parking guidance system (PGS) provides real-time information that is used to improve parking management as well as the efficiency of the system.
- Parking Reservation Barriers – there are different types of parking barriers that are installed to restrict and regulate the access of vehicles. The parking reservation barrier is one of the important types of parking barriers and it helps reserve the booked parking slots.
- Security Analysis – it is imperative for parking management facilities to have efficient security analyses as it helps in integrating the best security solutions. The security analyses can also be used in promoting the parking management facility and create a much stronger and secure parking solution.
- Automated Ticketing Systems – it is not enough to have a good or sophisticated ticket dispenser machine, for these machines to work seamlessly an automated ticketing system is necessary. This is generally integrated into the parking management software, which is programmable according to the user’s parking policies. The automated ticketing systems can not only dispense tickets but also accept payments and store vehicle information.
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition Readers – parking facilities need to monitor and have a record of all the vehicles entering and exiting the premises. An automatic number plate recognition reader (ANPR) allows for easy monitoring of the vehicles by recognizing and storing the license plate numbers to ensure the highest level of security.
- Automated Access Control System – automatic barriers such as arm barriers, blockers, bollards are installed as part of an automated access control system. These barriers are very useful in automating the parking facilities, which is the need of the hour. The automated access control system will help authorize the vehicles to park with smart identification technologies such as RFID, ANPR, ticket dispensers, etc.
- Automated Robotic Valet – parking facilities generally require more time and space and with the growing number of vehicles, it is not ideal to expand the parking facilities. As a matter of fact, parking management businesses are looking to reduce the parking footprint. The automated robotic valet can help save both time and space since the drivers can be dropped off at the entrance and vehicles can be closed much closer to each other.
- Vertical Car Lifts – multi-level parking facilities are growing in popularity as they use less landmass. However, they can be difficult in locating an available parking spot and park the vehicles. Vertical car lifts that are equipped with hydroelectric systems help move the vehicles vertically to the located available parking space and efficiently park them.
- Entrance Platform – the access point that connects to the parking/storage facility is an entrance platform. The entrance platform has a sturdy design in order to eliminate both noise and vibration. The entrance platforms are also used as turntables in order to optimize multi-directional movement from the drop off point to the destination.
- Self–Parking Facility – parking facilities are revolutionizing the parking management system with state-of-the-art technologies and features. One such revolutionary feature is the self-parking feature that uses piloted parking technology for cars to park themselves in the available slots.
- Charging Docks – with the increase in the number of electric vehicles (EVs) parking management businesses have installed charging docks. EV owners find the parking duration as an ideal time to charge their cars, hence charging docks are a great value-added service that parking facilities have begun to provide. This facility can be availed by the EV owners through the software for parking management.
In the past few decades, the parking management system has come a long way. From just providing parking space for cars, it has evolved to provide smart parking options along with several value-added services. The integration of parking management software like Airbnb for parking has allowed for numerous customization options and smart parking features. With Airbnb for parking like paring software, a parking management system is destined to grow and evolve in leaps and bounds.
RentCubo, a leading rental software and mobile app development company, can help your parking management business with the most powerful, fluidic, and seamless software for parking management or even a clone of Airbnb for parking for quick and easy deployment. Partner with us and watch your business grow exponentially.
The parking management system has been undergoing major changes over the past few decades and it is transitioning from the tried-and-true methods to new, exciting, and hi-tech methods. While the tried-and-true methods included aspects such as conventional meters, chalked tires, gates and spitters, and cash payments, the new and tech-friendly methods include features such as smartphone-based payment, booking parking space through software or apps, pay-by-plate, and pay-by-space.
Apart from these tech-based changes, the parking management system is looking to adopt an agile approach with the integration of parking management software and parking methodologies similar to Airbnb for parking. The changeover of this management system is sensible due to our reliance on cloud-based technologies and real-time communication.
Airbnb for parking like enterprises that have already transitioned to the modern and tech-based methodologies such as software for parking management is reaping major benefits in revenue generation, customer satisfaction, and increased compliance. Regardless of the growth curve improvements are always welcome and the parking management system is looking far and wide to identify new ways to develop furthermore.
This is where agile methodology/approach matters the most since it is one of the modern-day innovations that provide new ways to consider collaboration, project management, and product development.
What is Agile Methodology?
Getting more work out or less work is the manifesto of agile methodology. An agile methodology is based on collaboration among individuals and organizations for cross-functionality. It is also the opposite of top-down management which allows for quick and efficient workflow and work management.
Agile Approach in Parking Management System
Professional attributes such as efficient project management, adaptability, and responsiveness would be fitting for an industry like the parking management system, because it involves various facets such as prospective individuals, changing scenarios, enforcement objectives, etc. Agile methodology in this system allows for various teams of all business verticals to work in unison for a particular project though it may involve separate aspects.
So how does the agile approach impact the parking management system? Here are a few tenets to explain the benefits of an agile approach in the system.
- Delegation of Task – Parking management agencies are actors who work on behalf of the municipality (the larger entity). This municipality is part of the much larger transportation department, which has various directives to be executed across multiple levels all the way down to the end-user. Efficiently organizing the complete process is no easy task and it requires a delegation of tasks across the entirety of this system. With an agile approach, it is easy for the municipality to delegate the right work to the right agency for a seamless parking management system.
- Better Organization and Coordination Among Agencies – Agencies that are better organized and coordinated can provide better services and coverage. All the agencies and teams of the parking management system must exhibit high levels of coordination and be on the same page to ensure a lag-free and proficient flow of the business process. The agile approach helps the teams and agencies have the highest level of coordination and organization methods to deliver the best management solution possible.
- Task-Oriented Business Model – In the parking management system the business model is task-oriented that is time and team-sensitive. This is mainly because of the varying demand for parking space across the city or state at a given point in time. The agile approach in this system is highly task-oriented regardless of its type and magnitude. With an agile approach, it can coordinate and redirect the required resources to the specific task that is demanding.
- Best Use of Parking Management Software – As mentioned earlier agile methodology makes the most out of the resources provided. The integration of software for parking management has been one of the best improvements in this management system and with agile methodology in place, the usage of this software can be optimized to the highest degree to ensure the most efficient and seamless business flow in the parking management system. RentCubo is one of the best software and mobile app development companies that can develop and launch robust software for parking management just like Airbnb for parking.
- Software Industry Like Attribute – Agile methodology was originally developed by and for the software industry, which ensured high levels of efficiency, responsiveness, accountability, adaptability, transparency, development, and collaboration. By integrating agile methodology into the parking management system, these hallmark attributes of agile methodology can be transferred to the system as well. This could probably be one of the better aspects of an agile approach in the system.
The larger municipalities, working with parking management agencies, that would like to stay ahead of the game and get more results from less work from their local parking management agencies can definitely achieve their goals with the agile approach in this management system. It will be all the more effective for the municipalities to work with such agencies that know about agile methodology. This will ensure an agile approach in the system across the entire business process.
RentCubo’s products are developed with agile approach in mind, hence all our software and mobile applications can not only accommodate agile methodology into their interface but also induce an agile approach through their unique and interactive features.